Napi and the baby trudged off to another successful day at the new job. The traffic coming home was a lot better for Napi today and that can only be a good thing because I've discovered that she stresses easily. And we don't need any stress waves going to the baby's head!
Today was a learning experience for me, as I slowly digested the enormity of what it means to have a child in your life - and the baby hasn't even jumped on the scene yet! A discussion with a good colleague this afternoon has introduced me to such foreign terms as flexible spending plan. Then there are tax issues - can't adjust our taxes to account for the baby yet because s/he doesn't yet have a social security number. What about health insurance? Is it too early for me to claim the baby? S/he's not technically here yet. Napi and my child are the most important things in my life and I don't want to leave anything to chance. Every possibility should be accounted for, every step taken to ensure that they are both comfortable, protected physically and financially, and afforded the best health care I can provide. Fortunately for me, a close friend has had to deal with all of these issues lately, and she'll be a valuable source of information as we continue down this new path in our lives. Much to be thankful for, much anticipation, and not a clue about what we're doing!


