Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 11, 2007

Rolling Rolling Rolling Rawhide!

Title has absolutely nothing to do with this post other than our "get-him-to-sleep" operation with Amiri continues in earnest. Last night he fell asleep circa 2200 hours after fighting it for about thirty minutes. Somewhere around 0230 I heard his trademark "I'm awake, why isn't someone in here with me" approach of "cough-cough-cough-cry-cough-cry-cough-bawling like there's no tomorrow..." I let him go for about 5 minutes then went into, gave him his paci, turned him on his tummy and after a few pats on the back walked out of the room. He muttered a bit, coughed a few more times, cried for a few seconds, and then silence. Sure enough he was down for the count and despite a relatively light dinner, he didn't stir again until Napi went in and got him at 0700 this morning. And even then he was still sleeping. Way too early to tell, but I'm guessing a few more weeks and we may see the desired result here. I am pretty alarmed at the amount of "stuff" that's creeping out of his nostrils at night though. This morning I cleaned up a significant amount of mucus that had oozed out over the course of the night. If getting him to sleep has been difficult, getting rid of his congestion has been impossible.


Just Go Ahead and Change My Name to Freddy Adu!