Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hysterical Screaming

You know you're in for a rough day when your first meeting of the morning runs on for four hours. That and several other factors has me getting this post up rather late in the day...

So Napi and I are soundly sleeping last night when we hear Ami' crying. No big deal - for whatever reason he tends to wake up crying at nights. Napi goes in and gives him his bottle of water and comes back to bed - seconds later he's crying again, except this time he's screaming crying. I mean "someone's dying" screaming! I go in there and try to feed him the water (all part of our "no need for me to wake up at nights anymore if these fools are just going to give me water" tactic) but it becomes clear to me within minutes that water isn't cutting it tonight. I make him a bottle of formula and try to give that to him and that works for about 10 seconds until he starts screaming again. And while he's screaming tears are flowing in a torrent from his little eyes. At this point I'm wide awake, alarmed, and wondering what the hell is going on. Napi picks him up and we settle him into the bed with us, she gives him the bottle and not a peep from him for the rest of the night.

So what happened? Bad dreams and he didn't want to be left alone? Wanted to be close to his momma? (he was going crazy when I had him - settled down the minute Napi took him from me). Needs and exorcism? Whatever happened last night, I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. Really had me concerned when even the formula wouldn't calm him down.