Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 04, 2006

Temper Tantrums

Before I forget, Ami' was scheduled to receive his second series of shots on Friday but the doctor decided not to administer the shots given his health. At the time he was running a fever of 102 degrees and was clearly very heavily congested. I'll follow-up with more on the visit tomorrow. Forgot to bring his current "specs" with me today. On to the topic of the day...

I can't be 100% certain, but I'm almost positive this boy is throwing temper tantrums! Is it possible this annoying yet hilarious behavior starts so early in life? Here are a few examples of what I mean:

1. I'm in the middle of feeding him and pause in part because I can't tell if the boy is breathing or not, and because the formula is dripping from his mouth. I reach for his bib to wipe him up and he starts kicking and punching and crying. Put the bottle back in his mouth and he immediately settles down.

2. Leaving him in one place for too long will usually lead to one of three things: Sleep, fussing, or full blown temper tantrum.

Now understand what I mean by temper tantrum. We're not talking just the usual crying here. I'm talking about crying that borders on screaming, legs flailing all over the place, mad hand gestures and occasional pauses to see if Napi and I are "getting the message". It's pure comedy now, but let him pull a stunt in the middle of the supermarket when he's finally walking...