Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Missing Days

I've been distracted the last few days resulting in a missed post yesterday. Don't worry - you didn't miss much. Wednesday was our fourth child birth class and after a short video on postpartum recovery, we toured the hospital. The hospital is a pretty nice facility, ongoing construction notwithstanding. We visited the recovery rooms, fairly large and comfortable with private bathrooms, cable TV, the works. The delivery room, where Napi will spend the days or hours before delivering the 'nut. The delivery room is huge - really no reason why we couldn't fit half of Virginia in there and even less of an excuse to kick anyone out of the room. It'll be interesting to see how Napi feels about having family in the room once the big day gets here.

The highlight of the trip though was our visit to the nursery. We didn't go into the actual room - I'm sure you all already know the rules there. But we arrived in time to see a baby, only hours into this world and let me tell you something...That absolutely took my breath away. I've seen a lot of crap in my lifetime, plenty good, plenty bad, but seeing that baby was by far the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Napi thinks I'll pass out in the delivery room. She just might be right.