I felt my son kick today. While going through one of his karate techniques in there, Napi placed my hand on her stomach and sure enough I could feel Peanut kicking. A faint feeling, but I definitely felt it. I don't think I reacted quite the way Napi expected. In fact, I don't think I responded quite the way I expected. Perhaps the distractions of the moment prevented me from truly appreciating the moment. It's the first time I've felt that sinking feeling in my chest; that I missed an important moment in my kid's life. I didn't, but it felt like it. Makes the daycare issue even harder to swallow.
We are hoping to move into our first home sometime around October or November. Peanut is due at the end of July. So that gives us two to three months in our current home where Peanut will take up residence in the second bedroom. Surprisingly, very little has been mentioned in the NapiSoul household about the design of our nursery. Sure we have a theme; Napi loves one particular animal and a steady collection of stuffed animals and photograph frames has been building up in the house. But we haven't really discussed the details, like the color of the paint or the rooms furnishings. I think Napi wants to wait until we move into our new home, but we can't very well have Peanut looking at combat pictures or white walls, now can we? Perhaps when Momma Napi visits in a few months they will sort out the details.


