Over the course of the last two weeks, Napi has been calling our new insurance company to see whether they have processed my membership information. I signed up before the end of the last pay period, and was told that while the policy would become effective on the 22nd, that we would need to continue calling them in order to obtain a membership number that Napi could use until our membership cards arrived. Repeated phone calls resulted in the same message; We haven't received your information yet. Napi went one step further and faxed them a copy of my paperwork reflecting the switch. She calls again today and gets the same message; We haven't received your information yet. What do I find when I get home this evening? The only piece of mail is an envelope from our insurance company with...our membership cards enclosed. Makes you wonder what you're paying for, doesn't it?
One of the reasons for the call to the insurance company today is a recurring pain that Napi has been dealing with since before her pregnancy. She frequently experiences shooting pain down her legs which seem to start in her lower back just above her tail bone, and continues down into her legs. It's that sort of deep pain that you feel when you press into the bone. Today it struck pretty hard and occasionally limited even her ability to walk. I described it as sciatic pain, but based on her explanation of the feeling, it's probably something else. Before she moved down to live with me, she had begun seeing a chiropractor, and that helped tremendously. Though I think she often left the chiropractor in slightly more pain than when she entered, it did provide almost immediate relief within a few hours.
The chiropractor at the time mentioned that she was somehow twisted around. I don't think I'm doing much justice to her actual ailment, but that was my general understanding of it. Something was out of whack, and it would take some maneuvering to get things back in line. With the baby occupying increasing space within her, whatever was out of whack seems to be moving further out of whack and thus the sharp pains coming back in force. Anyone know whether pregnant women can visit chiropractors? Yet another question for the doctor...


