That seems to be about the only thing Napi truly craves lately. At any given moment she will whip out a frying pan and fry two or three eggs. I'm not complaining though - she could be craving ice cream and we'd both be rotund of body.
Tomorrow is going to be a mad scramble. I still need to get my hair cut (Pat, I may end up calling that youth after all!), still need to finish up the rest of the wedding gifts, and still need to pack. This is a running theme with Napi and I; wait until the last night and then stuff everything we can in the suitcase. I also need to remember that I have to pick up my tuxedo and shoes tomorrow. Hopefully I can get out of work circa 1600 (4pm aunties!) and be at the tux place before 1900 (7pm - y'all with me!). If I end up working another 10.5 hour day tomorrow like I did today, I'm going straight for the tux. Truth of the matter is the hair is in good shape as is - just need to shave, but I think I can knock out the haircut tomorrow. The big day approaches and it dawned on me today that our financial stresses have distracted me from what should be a week of joy. Our big day! Married; Husband and Wife; Mr. and Mrs Soul. We should be laughing, holding, hugging, kissing, you know...enjoying ourselves. We take a giant step in our lifetime this Saturday, yet the week has been dominated by the financial struggles of our expenses for this trip and at least for me by the very real concern that we're going to be broke by the end of October with our baby sitting there looking at us.
Then there's Napi's health...she's right back to where she was a week into the realization that she was pregnant. The nausea is running amok. She purged on the way to work this morning, probably purged throughout the day, and may have done so at some point this evening (not sure since I spent the better part of my evening trying to find a decent digital camera for Moms - that's what she wanted for her birthday...). So I've got money concerns on one side of my head, and Napi's health all over the other side and in between any cracks. Long term, I know we'll be ok. Money is an issue now because we find ourselves being confronted with several expenses, none of them small ones. The first trimester is almost over, and hopefully with it the nausea as well. She's the one experiencing all of this pain and discomfort and standing up to it despite the difficulties. I'll have to man up - but I'm ready for this part of the experience to be over with. The thought of our baby being born, and us not having 3-6 months salary in the bank to account for any unexpected expenses scares the living shit out of me.


