Actually, what do you get the woman who single handedly planned what appears to be the perfect small wedding, and what do you get the woman who is paying for the whole deal? If you guys have any thoughts, let us know. Big-ups to Aunt Metty who took this thing by the horns and wrestled it all the way into the ground. We have the exact outline of how the day will go, right down to the hour and we know all of the intricate details such as the saxophonist performing during the ceremony, the one-man band helping us get our groove on during the reception, and even the plans for the toasts at the end of the reception. You just can't beat that. Total cost - $4500 out of Momma Soul's pocket. That's serious! We are going to have to get them both proper gifts. And keep in mind Aunt Metty is doing all of this while planning her daughter's wedding, which will take place at the Half-Moon hotel in August!
Napi rebounded a bit today, though it's hard to gauge by talking to her on the phone while she's at work. I have an office, so whenever she calls or whenever I call her, all I have to do is shut my door. Poor Napi is confined to the great land of the cubicle - whenever I talk to her she has on this hushed proper voice that screams out I'm sick or these nosy people are listening to me and I can't figure out which it is. But this evening when I got home she indicated she was feeling fine. She also seemed to sleep a lot better last night. I dropped about a 10-hour day at work today and when I got home she had already ordered pizza. We can't keep doing that, but I know she was tired and had she waited for me to come home and cook, we would have been eating beans and cornbread. But that's it for pizza for me. Every bite I took I could just feel the grease oozing out of the thing. If it's bad for me, it's bad for the baby - that's my philosophy and I'm sticking to it. If I have a new years diet, so too must Napi and the baby dammit! Exactly one week from today we board a plane to Jamaica, the island that brought us together. 3 days after that, and we are o-ffi-ci-al! I've even gone ahead and taken the Tuesday off (we return on MLK day) and may even take Wednesday off as well, so that I can take care of her name-change papers. Mrs. Hunter - I think it'll have a nice ring to it. And no fussing about her new last name either! As Auntie M already told her, gotta go all the way!


