This was supposed to be the prelude to a better time. Week 11 is well underway and the nausea that plagued Napi so much in the first 2.99 months seemed to be on the decline. So optimistic were we, that Napi had decided to reduce her vitamin B6 intake in an effort to wean herself from relying too much on the B6. We may have to reevaluate that decision. At several points last night I could tell she wasn't doing well. At the time, I thought she was still having trouble with her breathing, though the humidifier seemed to be having some effect. But then at around 0300 hours (that's 3am for Auntie M and Pat!!), she jolted out of bed and just sat there looking at the garbage can on the floor. The dreaded nausea had returned... She took a B6 pill and returned to sleep, and this morning she seemed fine albeit tired from the night's events. But this afternoon upon taking her first bite of lunch, the urge to purge overcame her causing Napi to flee to the restroom. Nothing in her routine has really changed other than her attempts to reduce her reliance on B6. Could that be the problem? Otherwise, perhaps its the food we ate yesterday (with leftovers today for lunch). Could this particular dish at Olive Garden have offended little NapiSoul?
This sleep thing is also becoming an issue. Prior to meeting Napi, my average bedtime was somewhere around 0200-0300 with an average wakeup time of about 0600. Not much sleep, but I'd been doing it for so long that I had grown accustomed to the lack of sleep. Since meeting Napi, I've been doing much better and I'm now usually in the bed around 1200-0100. Napi isn't a 0100-0600 kinda girl! She's more in the 2230 (that's 10:30pm Auntie M!!) to 0700 club and she's not getting into bed anywhere near 2230. So that means every morning she drags herself out of bed about as tired as she crawled into it the night before. Efforts to get her to bed at a decent time have been futile but we're going to have to work on that. It's tough enough dealing with baby related exhaustion; we really don't need to pile lack of sleep on top of that!


