Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

It's Been a Long Time

I've been MIA for some time, trying to settle back into work, going to rehab for some injuries, and dealing with some personal issues and as a result the Blog has taken a serious hit. When I originally started this little "journal" of mine, it was to track the progress of our pregnancy and that then led me to keep going with the hopes of at least capturing the first couple of years of Ami's life. Having somewhat fulfilled that mission, I may be nearing the potential end of the Blog for a number of reasons that I won't post here. That said, I'll make a good faith effort to get the Blog going again, for several reasons:

1. I think later in his life Ami' will appreciate being able to read the details of a period of his life for which he will likely have zero memories;

2. Although this has primarily been a labor of 1, I've thoroughly enjoyed tracking the development of the little yute, even if the Blog took a big hit when I went off to Iraq; and

3. It tells a story and there's more to come that Amiri will one day have questions about, the answers to which may very well escape my memory by the time he asks.

As for the man himself, he's not doing so well. Ami' picked up RSV when he started daycare in VA back in 2002, and it apparently triggered the development of asthma, which runs in his mom's side of the family. Since then, every winter sees him battling respiratory issues in various degrees of severity. This winter he's been taking a beating, to include the need to take steroids, potentially for a year, to get him through these issues. Like the trooper he is, however, he's putting up a good fight and the hope is that as he grows older, he'll outgrow his respiratory issues. I'm sure most kids battle some ailment or the other that just makes them miserable, but it really sucks to know this little bundle of energy and joy has to deal with this sort of thing at such an early age. But on the bright side, he's in overall great shape and that's something Napi and I can certainly give thanks for.

Thanks for checking in guys!