Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 13, 2008

3 Days in Fallujah

The last 3 weeks have just been insane and I'm still trying to get my feet back on the ground from some pretty intense action and a seriously stressing lack of sleep. Most memorable were three particularly hairy days in the city of Fallujah which just may be my answer to Amiri's education fund. If I can sit down one of these days and draft a quick outline, you just may see the title of today's post on a book a few years from now. Death, US contractors hired as protection ambushed by insurgent and terrorist groups, USMIL soldiers charging in, and a couple of guys in civilian clothing wearing body armor and carrying weapons lurking in the shadows. All the makings of a good book methinks. Couple of years from now - look out for it!

First thing I was able to do when I finally made it back home was dial up Napi and Ami' on Skype. The boy is getting so big and understanding so much more! He'll be a completely different kid when I see him again in July for his birthday. He's started daycare and is finally playing with kids in his age-group on a daily basis. Some possible bugs being picked up (as evidenced by a rash of some sort that he came home with after day 1), but that's to be expected and frankly I think he needs that to build up his immune system.