Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

Time to Go

This time tomorrow I'll be in the air on my way back to the sandbox. Spent all of today trying to get my car ready for a quick sale to Carmax. No point making a payment on a car that will be sitting in the parking garage at work for the better part of a year. Thought I had everything settled by 2030 hours this evening, but a glitch with my radio resulted in a rather painful exploration of my car's wiring. Couple that with me knocking a can of Diet Coke all over the silver suede inserts on the passenger side seat and you're looking at a man who spent the better part of five hours trying to sort the whole mess out. Car is now clean, seats are good to go, factory radio is back in and working, and all at the cost of me not being able to chat to Ami' and Napi this evening. Fortunately I'll have time to chat with them tomorrow before taking off at circa 2300 hours.

Amiri has changed so much that a few words thrown together on this Blog fail to truly illustrate how amazing those changes appear to be (at least to me). If you had told me he would understand his mother telling him to take throw his dirty diaper in the trash and he would actually pick it up, walk to the trash can, open the trash can and tossing the diaper in, I would have laughed and said no way. But I watched hit happen time and time again. Of course the changes I've seen are probably all regular stuff a kid his age should know and be able to do, but considering the boy had a vocabulary of about 4 words when I left for Iraq, I am absolutely amazed at how much he's developed intellectually. In fact, if there is one thing I can point to as being most impressive, it is his ability to comprehend commands. Much more to come, and hopefully by reducing my work schedule (assuming I can pull it off) that will mean more blogging, plus lots of pics taken by Napi over the last several months, just as soon as I do my usual editing in Photoshop. Hard to believe it's time to go back already...