I've been averaging 16 hour days over here and the old body just isn't the same. Last night I flat out crashed at about 2230 local time. Slept the good sleep until 0700 and definitely feeling better as a result. Haven't been able to link up with Napi and Ami' via Skype over the last few days, but hopefully the Internet connection will hold up this evening to allow me to do that. Things have been relatively quiet here at "home" with the only explosions around base being controlled dets (controlled detonations of captured ordnance). Of course, when we're outside the wire is all mayhem. Fortunately for the folks working for me, they don't have to go outside the wire - but I do! Today marks the end of my first week, and so far so good. Lots of work (which equals lots of overtime, which equals lots of money!) and lots of time to do it in. My routine is pretty much work, eat, sleep, work. No such thing as a weekend here, though the higher-ups have been pleading with personnel to come in late (12pm) on Fridays and Saturdays. I believe Iraqi's consider Friday and Saturday to be the weekend, with the work week starting on Sunday and we pretty much adhere to that schedule - but at the end of the day I'm working from about 0800 to 12am Sunday through Monday.
Talked to Napi briefly yesterday and she told me that she dropped Ami' off at the daycare at the gym yesterday. About thirty minutes into her workout the daycare rep tracked her down and told her that he had been crying non-stop since being dropped off. In fact, he was crying so much that he was making himself sick. Some of that is just clinging, but this is probably another result of the location change. Hopefully he'll sort himself out and get his feet back under him.