Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 28, 2007

In The House!

We hit the road at 0800 on Saturday morning and arrived in St. Louis at 2345 EST. Considering lousy weather through the first couple of hours, a 45 minute Red Lobster lunch break, and what seemed like hourly stops for me to drain the vein, I think we did pretty well on this road trip. Ami' wasn't having anything to do with his mama not being by his side so Napi made the entire trip in the back seat tending to Mr. I Need Attention From Mama All The Time...

One problem that miraculously stopped on Friday night and didn't start up again until this morning is diarrhea. He's been having some pretty foul BM's since returning from Jamaica (Dr.'s visit planned for this week), and fortunately for us chose not to have one on the drive here. Makes sense since we haven't been able to get him to eat anything. This morning it returned with a vengeance though. Nasty stuff. But he's here, already trying to take advantage of the grandparents and threatening to break everything in the house. And for me, the reality that I won't be able to physically touch him for at least the next 3.5 months (earliest I can get an R&R trip home) is really sinking in.