Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 10, 2007

Just the Fellas

Ami' and I spent most of the weekend together giving Napi a break of sorts. After my soccer game on Saturday afternoon we hit the mall while Napi took off for her book club meeting. We were a sight to behold! Me pushing the stroller, with Ami' hanging on to both of my legs pushing me down the aisle in the mall. Comedy. Lots of oohs and aahs from the crowd as we made our way to various stores. Sunday we hit Ruby Tuesday's for lunch (I'm starting to think he doesn't care much for grilled cheese sandwiches...), hit the park briefly for some soccer (no pics...but next time!) and back to the mall to return a pair of shoes. Again, he's pushing me down the aisle, or demanding to stand in his stroller while I push him (carefully). Speaking of shoes, he's fast approaching a bigger shoe collection than his old man. On a training trip a few weeks back I picked up a pair of blue trail-like sneakers from The Children Place, or whatever that kids store is called. Turns out the size 5 I purchased was too small - he had already moved up a half size. So we returned those and picked up a pair of size 6 that should take him hopefully through winter. To that we added a pair of blue crocs (made in Mexico), which brings his plastic/rubber shoe collection up to two with a similarly styled pair of camo fake crocs (company called Airwalk, and made in China). Realizing now that the fake crocs are made in China is somewhat alarming and I'll be putting in a call to Payless to get the scoop on just how safe these things are. No injuries so far, and as far as I can tell the shoes are identical in design to the real crocs, with the only difference being the logos and tread pattern.

With winter around the corner I also picked up some long-sleeve shirts. If ever I needed a reminder that this kid is tall/big for his age, shopping by size told the story. He's wearing stuff sized for 18 month old kids and up - at 13 months!