So after watching myself go from elite warrior to a tub of lard, I have (once again) dedicated myself to proper diet and exercise. My old gig was in a building with a gym and all that was necessary was finding the time and energy to walk down there and do the work. The new gig (same organization, different building) doesn't have a gym and so I'm left with my Bally's membership that I've been paying for lord knows how long and have used maybe 3 times...Can't go in the evenings because that's spending time with the family time...and there are no Bally's within a 10 minute drive of my current gig. That leaves the crack of dawn. So starting yesterday morning I hauled myself out of bed at 5am and hit the gym and it felt great! How long will I keep this up? Who knows...but I'll do my best. As it turns out, waking up wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I typically wake up when I know I have to wake up for something. For instance, this morning I knew I had to get up at 5am for my workout - at 0430 I was already up and basically watching the clock waiting on the alarm. That ability, if it can be called an ability, has carried me through some important missions. You don't get a command to break camp at 0300 and not wake up to get that done. Same thing happens when I know I have to wake up, as opposed to when I know I don't have to and Ami' breaks out crying at some unholy hour. Getting up then becomes a major pain.
Turns out Napi couldn't sleep either. A nightmare of sorts awakened her and for about an hour she could not get back to sleep. I'll have to let her relate this dream to you all, but this thing could have been a movie! I mean I have a 3 minute or so dream and when I get up the memory is fleeting, if not completely gone. Napi wakes up with details that belong on 1080p HDTV! This one involved Ami', a couple of people being shot in the knee, and a microchip planted in an arm.. Told you it was HDTV ready!


