Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Twenty Twenty Nine

I'm in Detroit tonight for a quick business trip. The highway running from the airport into the city has a posted speed limit of 70 mph. You don't know how welcome 70 mph is unless you have to deal with a daily commute like Washington DC's. I did 75 all the way to my hotel.

While I was busy navigating my way to my hotel, Napi and Ami' were sitting in the pediatrician's office undergoing his 6 month check-up. The full details will have to wait until I get home tomorrow night, but here are the quick hits:

29 inches long; 20lbs slim! That works out to about an inch of growth each month (he's in the 90th percentile for his weight group), and his weight seems to have faltered ever so slightly, although he's still in the 80th percentile where weight is concerned, and as reported as been puking off and on since last Friday. The doctor did express some concern about the fact that we had to put him back on the nebulizer a few months back, and actually suggested that we start giving him a steroid (but with no concrete termination date). Napi and I are resisting this idea and will likely seek a second opinion. In a country notorious for over-medicating its citizenry, I have no desire to see my son on strong drugs unless absolutely necessary to protect his health.