Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 11, 2006

Oh What a Night!

Napi and Ami' hit the sack around 11ish and I crawl in around 1230. Things are trucking right along and the night looks promising when at approximately 0230 Ami' wakes up ready for some good eats. So I fix up a bottle and soon he's chugging it down - except he still has this blasted cough, and is obviously laboring to drink and breathe and cough at roughly the same time. When it becomes clear he's not going to finish the bottle, Napi offers to "top him off" from the tap! So I hand him over and crawl back into the bed. Five minutes later he's puking all over the sheets! Not a drop here and there, but the real deal, complete with a little crying, which he almost never does. This is a kid who normally pukes and then smiles. He's a tough kid so I know if he's crying he's hurting! While Napi cleans him up I'm changing the sheets and grabbing a new onesie from his dresser. In the span of time it takes us to complete those tasks, his temperature starts creeping up. So we hit him with 1.2ml of kiddie Tylenol and sit there looking at each other and wondering what's going on with our son!?