Thursday, September 07, 2006
Smile!
This morning as I'm getting ready for work, Amiri "spits-up" on Napi. He had just finished an early morning feast at "the well" and was sitting up in bed while Napi attempted to burp him when he decided he didn't need that much food in his tummy after all. But the spitting up wasn't the interesting part - we're used to that. What was interesting to me was the huge smile he had on his face afterwards. Napi spends infinitely more time with him than I do - she's home with him all day - but I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've seen what appeared to be, but might not even have been, a smile on that little face of his. In fact, I had considered looking up the age at which a baby learns to smile, assuming it's a learned behavior!


