With Auntie Tee in town and with everything else going on in the house, I haven't had much time to post. I return to work tomorrow and am already dreading leaving Amiri for 9-10 hours straight. Napi thinks I'll appreciate the break - I think I'll take him fussing and crying over work any day. Still can't get him to poop by the way. Napi picked up some plum juice last night with the hope being that once she drinks it, some of the "side effects" will pass on to Amiri in his milk. The nurse had a different approach to the issue - stick a thermometer up his butt...That didn't work either. We have our next scheduled doctor's visit tomorrow afternoon and we're hoping they'll be able to tell us what's up then. I don't think the boy has pooped in something like 5 days now.
Tee (Napi's sister) leaves today and we'll miss her as much as we miss Napi's parents. She's been a great help to us both watching over the 'nut. This will mark the first real stretch of us being home alone with Amiri since his birth. We had a short period of 3-4 days between Napi's parents departure and Tee's arrival to hang out with the dude (who by the way is abiding downstairs after some very throat clearing crying - probably from a diaper change), but after today we don't anticipate any more visitors for a while. My mom is definitely not coming to visit for a while. She's pissed at me because I pointed out a not-so-nice comment she made. Gotta love our relationship. This time though, there's no guilt on my part. I've got no problems with her self-imposed boycott of the NapiSoul household.
I have to say I am a little nervous returning to work and leaving Napi here all alone with the 'nut. Not because I think she's going to toss the boy out of a window or anything like that - I just think taking care of this kid can be a little overwhelming and I hate leaving her here all alone to foot it alone while I'm sitting behind a desk 15 miles away. I'm actually hoping we'll have a nasty winter this year. DC shuts down in anything that resembles a decent snow storm and so does the .gov. That will allow me to spend some time at home during the week helping her out. But that's a long way from now and my only consolation until then is that I'm only a 20-30 minute drive from home if the call comes in for help!


