Has come and gone and no word from the hospital. Napi has been in bed since about 2230 and my mom has probably been in the bed since about 2000. Napi's parents are up the road at a hotel fast asleep, and I should probably be in the bed with my wife resting up for a potentially long day. As I understand it, the call could come at any point tonight to report to the hospital. If tomorrow morning arrives and we haven't heard from them, I'm calling the doctor's office to find out what the hell is going on. We like our primary doctor, but this business of the large practice with 6 doctors is not for us. The lack of clear communication that occurs when you're messing around with so many people just breeds confusion and as it stands we have no clear guidance on what to do next other than wait. Enough of that.
My mom leaves tomorrow evening - with or without the 'nut and I'm sad to see her go. This visit didn't go at all as I had hoped, but I think once Peanut arrives and we take him into her territory, things will iron out. Jamaica is her comfort zone and I know she can't wait to get her grandson down there to take him out on the town. Dread (our Betta) and I are the only ones stirring in the house and it's probably time to call it a night, but if we get the call I'm sure I'll be up and dressed for a few minutes before Napi is ready to roll. I'll post an update at that point and then fill you all in, as time permits, from the hospital via my Treo. But honestly, I'd be surprised if the next update didn't come at 0900 from this very spot - our sofa!


