Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7, 6...

Mama Soul made it in safely last night and we headed home. I didn’t get into bed until 1 this morning but I did sleep a little better than the night before. My body aches horribly! I’ve been limping around in pain for a few days now. Our OB appt was this morning and I have GREAT news! I’m 3 cm dilated. Dr. Porter was very enthusiastic about my progress. She said Peanut’s head is waaaaaaaaayyyyy down and things look good. She stripped my membranes (w/o any warning or preparation) and said she expects me to go any day now. How exciting. I FINALLY get to see my son’s face. But this appt did change some things. Number one: the membrane stripping hurt SO much that I’m now thinking about scheduling the epidural ahead of time instead of seeing how long I can go w/o it. Number two: now that the time is down to a few days instead of a few weeks, I’m really nervous. Whereas before when I just wanted to get him out, now I’m nervous about what I’m going to do when he gets here. They put the baby in my arms, then what? I don’t think I lack maternal instinct, I’m just worried about doing things right. Oh well, he’ll be here before we know it.