Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Taking a Break

not from the Blog, but from work. Following up on yesterday's post, I took off from work today and after running an errand made my way down to one of my old jobs. I am always welcomed there and frankly, it felt good to be back. Good to be working outdoors, good to feel fresh air swirling around me, and good to contribute to the training of warriors heading into harms way. Of course, come tomorrow morning I will don the blasted suit again and it's back to the daily grind. I purchased a lottery ticket tonight...

As for Napi, I'm assuming it was a rough day. The only response I got to my inquiry as to how her day had gone was long! Long enough, in fact, that when I called her at approximately 1930 to let her know I was on my way home she was just coming out of a nap that must have lasted a few hours by the tone of her voice. Despite the rapid approach of Peanut's big day, the daily hours seem to grind by excruciatingly slowly as we deal with the day to day rigors of work. The irony is that we should be thankful that we have those day to day rigors. Without our jobs, there's no telling what our story would be today, and I most certainly wouldn't be sitting here on one of our computers firing out these nightly entries over a DSL line. We have much to be thankful for and should not and will never forget it.