Napi and the Peanut are tucked in and fast asleep, so this is a quick post before I curl up beside my wife and commence to snore in her ear. Overall, both mommy and baby did fine this week. While it felt as though it would never end, this week taught us that we are in the cruising period before the serious stuff really hits around June/July. Nausea is almost a forgotten memory, surfacing only once this week (as far as I can tell), on a day when Napi missed lunch and didn't have another bite to eat following breakfast until dinner. Thankfully this was an abnormal episode and she is consuming enough food to keep Peanut healthy and happy. She has become accustomed to Peanut's temper tantrums in there, and I don't think they surprise her as much now as they did say a week ago. In a moment of humorous reflection this evening, we pondered whether Peanut is getting bored in there! Almost there Peanut, almost there!
Napi's cravings continue, and lately that craving has been fried chicken! Not KFC, not Church's, not Kansas City Fried Chicken (where my NYC heads at!?), but Popeyes. At any given moment she will blurt out, "can we get some chicken?" I've been saving her from herself, reminding her that she's a vegetarian and she'll regret having broken a commitment she made to herself and her personal health for a lousy piece of fried chicken, but there are days when I think she is going to run me over and dive into a box of that chicken. Doesn't help that you can seemingly buy a flock of chickens at that place for 5 bucks...
We have a busy weekend lined up, but I actually think that will be a good thing. Napi has to be bored down here. She doesn't really have any friends here per se, and all of her free time is pretty much spent stuck with me. I am terribly boring, so that's not exactly helping her, and the stuff I do for fun isn't exactly Napi's cup of tea. Tomorrow we'll be meeting some 30 odd friends for lunch, and though I get the idea that my "friends" aren't exactly the sort of crowd Napi would hang out with, I'm hopeful that she'll meet a few folks who might have interests that mirror hers. I'm not trying to farm my wife off to people so that I can go do whatever it is that I want to do, nor do I think she's some sort of pitiful recluse. This is her new home, and I think the sooner she has "her" group of friends, the more this area will begin to feel like home to her. Given that we'll be here for at least a little while, we need to get that going.
I'm also grateful for the busy weekend, because in one of those rare moments of insanity, I'm eager for the weekend to pass so that Monday can get here. Being able to say Peanut's name as we look at that sonogram will be something else. That is, unless it's a boy. Still not sure what I'll go with if Peanut turns out to be a boy. Napi is happy going with junior, but I dunno. Every man should be able to stand on his own name, no? We'll see...


