Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Week 15 Is a Wrap

With Napi and Peanut off visiting her family in The Lou, I've been left alone at home to my own devices. Of course, she leaves on Friday, and it rains all day Saturday. That's a sign y'all!

We come to the end of week 15 and I think I can say with some degree of certainty that things are certainly better today than they were say two weeks ago. The nausea is sporadic now, and easily resolved by snacking on something. She's eating well and has cut back significantly on the meds she had been taking. Based on our last doctor's exam, Peanut seems to be going along with the plan just fine; I would say that things are progressing well for Napi and the Peanut.

Internally Napi's body continues to change as it adjusts to Peanut's physical and nutritional needs. According to Pregnancy Weekly, at this point Napi's heart is enlarged and working overtime. Its output has increased 20 percent from normal and, by the time she is ready to deliver, her heart will be working up to 50 percent more than normal to supply her and Peanut with the oxygen they need. The increase in blood flow would explain the nose-bleeds she experienced a few weeks ago. I had always thought an enlarged heart was dangerous, but it appears in this case it is normal. Little Peanut continues to develop and below is a pic of what s/he would have looked like at the start of the 15th week, hopefully without the headache the baby in this pic seems to be suffering from!