Watch Him Grow!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Peek-A-Boo!

The alarm went off yesterday morning and found us both struggling to get out of bed. Napi immediately called-in and I hit the shower fully intending to drag myself to work. A massive headache soon ended that thought and I crawled my butt right back into bed and didn't budge 'till somewhere around noon. Can't blame the Peanut for that - we were just tired!

We watched an interesting program on the Discovery Channel about pregnancy, and yesterday's program focused on the different perceptions pregnant women have about their figure and their sex appeal. According to the experts on the show, pregnant women will either believe that they are more beautiful/sexy than ever, or that they've lost their sex appeal and are no longer attractive. I don't know that Napi doubts her beauty, but I do know that she occasionally struggles with the changes to her body. One of the big issues continues to be the pace at which she can no longer fit her old clothing. We're talking about a woman, who prior to being pregnant, could still fit some of her clothing dating back to high school! It might seem like a non-issue to folks, and of course we wouldn't trade Peanut for all the fashion in the world, but when you are used to identifying beautiful and sexy with a particular shape (as apparently most women do these days), it's tough to associate those feelings when your body suddenly starts changing on you. I don't know how supportive I'm being in affirming her beauty - and I do think she's the most beautiful woman in the world - but I probably need to do a better job...I also think the anxiety will ease when she's full blown pregnant, as I tend to refer to it. That is, when it's clear to the world that she's pregnant, and Peanut is chilling out front for all the world to see, I think Napi's confidence in her beauty will skyrocket. Right now, she's sort of at the half-way point, where only 60% of the world might recognize she's pregnant.

The other big development was me being able to make out Peanut's shape in Napi's tummy. At least I think that's what I saw. Napi now believes she can feel and see Peanut's location in her tummy. She asked me could I see it, and sure enough I could make out what looked to be a little lump on one side of her belly. I think I also felt Peanut, but didn't want to crush the poor thing, so I didn't pursue that too far. We are 40% of the way there, according to Pregnancy Weekly, and I'm guessing that before we know it we'll be watching Peanut kicking and screaming in there. Give me free, we want free!